snickerdoodles, i feel like you don’t get the air time you really deserve. sure, you bring to mind an era of 50′s aerosol hairsprays and garish floral couches covered in plastic protective coverings, but you really are an awesome anytime-of-the-year, any-decade-where-cookies-are-eaten (curse you, frantic fat-hating, 90′s) kind of cookie.
who cares if you’re not a chocolate chip cookie (truth be told, i always pick the chocolate chips out, i much prefer the brown sugar-laced cookie). and like, sure you’re not the best cookie variety i’ve ever had (that goes to the german chocolate cookie i got at whole foods over the summer. holla @ dat cookie).
but besides all of that, you are a damn good-enough cookie. and you know what makes you even better? putting two of you silly little cookies around a loving dollop of ice cream. ghost of barry white, be praised, ’cause all i wanted to do after i made a couple of you guys today was say “awwwwww yeaaaaah.”
ahem. right. so, let’s just get to the recipe, then. ahem.
your favorite snickerdoodle recipe (i used this one from the ppk, but less chai, ‘cuz that shizz is nasty).
+ your favorite ice cream (even though i heartily enjoy eating dairy now, i unabashedly looooooove the coconut milk + soy milk ice creams from tj’s.)
1. congratulate yourself on this genius idea by taking webcam photo shoots with a half-eaten cookie.
2. since no one is home, why don’t you put on liquid eye liner?
3. and a green polka dotted bow?
4. and red lipstick?
5. and you should put on the pretenders, right? right.
5. spin around in your rolly desk chair at least six times. more web cam photos are recommended at this point.
6. oh yeah, snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches. that’s right. damn it.
7. yeah, so just sandwich two of those bad boys around a mound of your favorite ice cream. ugh, the happiest of sandwiches it will be. ugh, so happy. easily the happiest moment of your life, f’real.
no need to thank me, guys. this one’s on the house.